Render Villalta - SWH

Render Villalta: Collegiate Challenge Class of 2013
Campus: Spring Woods High School
College Choice: Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas
Intended Major: Biology

Do you know what you want to be when you get older? 
Yes, I want to go to medical school after I graduate from Texas A&M and become an obstetrician. I want to be an obstetrician because I think bringing new life into this world would be fulfilling and not as high pressured as other medical professions.

Is there anything you think people should know about Collegiate Challenge?
Yes, if you want to make something of yourself, then Collegiate Challenge is the program to be in. They are always there to mentor you. There was a lot of pressure, but it was good pressure. You learn to push yourself and stand out from the crowd.

Why did you choose to attend Texas A&M? 
The swaying factor was probably the amount of scholarships that A&M offered me. As of now, they are paying for 90 percent of my tuition and I am working over the summer to pay for the other 10 percent – the financial opportunity was too good to pass up.

What are you most nervous about heading into your freshman year? 
I am nervous about living in the small town of College Station. I have always been a city person so being in such a close-knit town will be weird. The southern conservative atmosphere will also be new to me, I think.

Interview compiled by Communications Intern Kali Venable Student photograph courtesy of Professional Photographers of America (cesar@photographer.net)

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD