Katie Redd - SWH

Name: Katie Redd
Age: 18 Grade: 12th Grade (Senior)
School: Spring Woods High School

Accomplishments: • National Honor Society • National Technical Honor Society • First Spring Branch ISD (SBISD) student to receive full college tuition from the Posse Foundation • SBISD PTA Scholarship • Citizen Achievement National Merit Award • Academic Achievement Award in Social Sciences

Favorite class: “My favorite class is psychology because I am really interested in the social sciences and it goes hand in hand with my future career desires.”

Favorite things to do after class: “I work most of the time at Rockport Shoes, but in my free time I like to
also to write fiction work.” Favorite book: “Tight Rope” by Gillian Cross

Favorite song or favorite musical genre: “I am a born and raised Texan; I love country music.”

Favorite website: “I am on Facebook more than I would like to admit.”

Favorite TV show: “Rules of Engagement.” It is hilarious.

Favorite movie: I really like all of the “Die Hard” movies.

Ambition: I am going to Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania. I received a full scholarship to major in International Studies and Russian Studies with a minor in Psychology. My dream is to work in the Behavioral Analysis unit for the FBI.

What drives you to succeed? “I am very self-driven, I get support from my mom, but I am the one that
constantly encourages myself to try harder and do better.”

Communications Dept. student intern Kali Venable compiled this report. 

3 comments:

  1. Go Katie!!!! We love you! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So impressed and proud! Marisol

    ReplyDelete

Spring Branch ISD