Jack William Rodgers - SWHS

Jack William Rodgers
Spring Woods High School
College/School: Southern Methodist University
Career Goal: Theater Education


Jack is the 2013 Spring Woods High valedictorian and was a National Merit Commended Scholar with an SAT score of 2230. He is an Advanced Placement Honors student, editor-in-chief of the high school newspaper, and a very accomplished actor who has had roles in more than 20 productions. He has served as an intern for HITS Theater and the Country Playhouse Theater. He is also a four-year veteran of ComedySportz and an active member in his church.

Jack writes this of his future: "If I could take my two greatest joys in the world and put them together as a fluid and cohesive whole, why should I do anything else? If I spend the rest of my life doing nothing more than teaching and directing at the exact same high school I myself attend, I would find happiness. Maybe it isn't being a nurse or double majoring in Biology or statistics at Yale, but why should I waste my time going to a job, day in and day out, that I find no joy in? When I grow up, I will be a professional high school theater teacher. And I will be happy."

He plans on attending Southern Methodist University and pursing a degree in theater education.

2013 Spring Branch Education Foundation Scholarship Winner
These scholarships are funded by the Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF), which is led by a group of committed area business and community leaders, educators and volunteers. These student awards were presented by Mike Rome, chair of SBEF, and Cece Thompson, who is the group’s executive director.

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD