Mary Beth Schatzman - MHS










Name: Mary Beth Schatzman
Age: 17 Grade: 12th Grade (Senior)
School: Memorial High School

Accomplishments:
  • National Merit Semifinalist Recognition Program award winner
  • Advanced Placement (AP) Scholar with Honors
  • Distinguished Honor Roll (2010-2012)
  • Memorial High Yearbook, editor
  • National Honor Society, treasurer
  • Varsity Tennis Team (2010-2012)
  • Executive Board member and Historian, Student Council
  • Memorial Math Honor Society (Mu Alpha Theta), member
  • National Charity League, member
  • St. Michael’s Catholic Church, Confirmation Class volunteer
  • Nominated for Homecoming Queen
  • Outstanding Girl Finalist Top 5 (9th-11th Grade)
Favorite class: My favorite class is Spanish. I currently am in Spanish 5 and I just love everything about it. I think it is so much fun to learn how to speak and translate the language and understanding the structure of it. Spanish is something I would love to keep up with in the future.

Favorite things to do after class: I usually hang out with my friends and family. We either go to see a movie, go to each other’s houses, go shopping or anything that is relaxing. I also play piano and sing so music has always been among my hobbies.

Favorite book: I love all of the John Green books; I randomly picked up “Looking for Alaska,” and realized he is an awesome writer.

Favorite song or favorite musical genre: I am a fan of alternative rock; some of my favorite artists are The Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Cake, and Arcade Fire.

Favorite website: No opinion

Favorite TV show: I don’t watch a lot of TV, usually just shows off of the Travel Channel and History Channel; whatever my parents are watching.

Favorite movie: Anything with Will Ferrell, I think he is a genius

Ambition: I hope to go to Yale. However, I am still trying to pick what I want to do when I am older. I am staying open to my options; I am hoping that when I go to college wherever that may be, I will find something that I am passionate about.

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD