Julio Lores Cruz - NBHS

The Student Spotlight is a monthly feature highlighting one SBISD student for their hard work, leadership and accomplishments. We believe all students can achieve, and that when we work together...a dream can become a reality. Congratulations to this month's student honoree.

Name: Christian Rice
Age: 16
Grade: 12th grade (Senior)
School: Northbrook High School

Accomplishments:
  • National Honor Society, two years
  • President, HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America)
  • Member, Northbrook High Debate Club
  • First Division Solo & Ensemble Band, tenor saxophone
  • Advanced Placement (AP) senior classes include Calculus, Chemistry II, Economics, English, and Government
  • SBISD Customer Service Taskforce member
  • Volunteer, Race for the Cure Hemophiliac Walk, assistant to the disabled
  • Volunteer member, School Nutrition Committee
  • Numerous Academic Excellence awards

Favorite class:
Advanced Placement Government & Economics “We always have interesting class discussions about politics. On TV, the news is often all the same. I like to talk about and discuss the impacts of laws.”

Favorite thing to do after class:
Boxing. “A friend of my dad, Rafael, coaches me. I’m really into it right now.”

Favorite book:
On the Origin of the Species, by English naturalist Charles Darwin. “I love that book. Charles Darwin was brilliant, and I really love the way that he describes science throughout his writing.”

Favorite song:
“Divenire,” by Italian pianist and Alt-Classical musician Ludovico Einaudi

Favorite website:
YouTube

Favorite television show:
“Criminal Minds”

Favorite movie:
None

Ambition:
“I want to be an orthodontist. I was born in Cuba, and came to the United States when I was 9-years-old. Both of my parents were doctors in Cuba. I want to major in biomedical engineering so that I can work in that field while I apply to dental schools. I find both anatomy and physiology interesting. I believe for me orthodontistry will be a great field.” Julio was accepted in September by the University of Texas at San Antonio, but he has applied to several other colleges and will wait before making his school choice.

1 comment:

  1. I know Julio through out band and he is a very hard working person and also want to achieve his goal no matter what happens. I am so proud of the dedication that he did during band class. i know that he will achieve many accomplishments and will be a good bio medical engineer.keep up the good work and good luck in college .

    ReplyDelete

Spring Branch ISD