Jay Wong - WAIS

Name: Jay Wong
Grade: Senior (12th Grade)
High School: Westchester Academy for International Studies (WAIS)
Favorite Subject: “My favorite subject is the arts. I am in both visual arts and advanced choir so I get to paint and sing often. I enjoy art because I get to express myself.”

Hobbies/Sports: “I am in the tennis club and I love to play tennis during my free time.” “I took Chinese classes every Saturday for three years and stopped last year because I completed the curriculum. Every Saturday, I would spend two hours learning Chinese vocabulary, improving my writing and speaking skills in the language. I am semi-fluent in Chinese, Korean and Spanish; I really appreciate being about to speak multiple languages.”

Favorite Music genre/artist: “The music I listen to depends on how I am feeling, but lately I have been listening to a lot of musical records such as “Rent” and “Wicked.”

Favorite Book: “Honestly, I haven’t read any books during my free time because I spend so much of my time focusing on school academics.”

Accomplishments:
  • Current valedictorian (Straight A student throughout high school)
  • Co-President of Student Council -Executive Member of Spanish Honor Society
  • Member of Science Honor Society
  • Member of Director Advisors Council (DAC)
  • Member of the volunteer board at a local hospital
  • President of the Med Club -Tutoring Coordinator for National Honor Society
Career and College Plans: “I want to go to the University of Texas at Dallas because they have an accelerated medical program that I am really interested in. I want to be a pediatric immunologist.” “My parents are very laid back on me and let me do my own thing. My parents know I am determined to be the best that I can be and they are very supportive in everything I do.”

--This report compiled by Communications Dept. Intern Kali Venable.

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD