Christian Rice - SWHS

The Student Spotlight is a monthly feature highlighting one SBISD student for their hard work, leadership and accomplishments.  We believe all students can achieve, and that when we work together...a dream can become a reality. Congratulations to this month's student honoree.

Name: Christian Rice
Age: 16 Grade: 11th (Junior)
School: Spring Woods High School

Accomplishments:
  • Top 30 in Congressional Debate at National Forensic League Nationals held in Indianapolis, Ind.
  • 1st District qualifier for Texas Forensic Association state competition - Member Student Council, 2010-2013 - Distinguished Honor Roll, 2010-2012
  • Orchestra member
  • Member of the Humanitarian Society at Spring Woods
  • Founder of high school’s Young Democrats Club
  • Vice President of Marketing for Junior Achievement
  • Harris County Democratic Party intern
Favorite class:
Debate is my favorite class because I look forward to practicing and to improving my skills in all of my events Favorite things to do after class: I love to play both the guitar and the ukulele, also spending time with my friends and family. I am a people person; I always need to be around people.

Favorite book: 
Democracy in America, by Alexis De Tocqueville. The book is so well written and covers topics that are still important more than a century later.

Favorite song or favorite musical genre:
“Language,” by Porter Robinson

Favorite website:
“The Economist” and “Center for American Progress”

Favorite TV show:
Newsroom and Adventure Time

Favorite movie:
Batman-Dark Night Rising

Ambition:
I hope to attend the University of Harvard majoring in Public Policy and International Affairs, as well as gain a graduate degree from Harvard. I would like to live in New York City or Washington, D.C, and make a difference through politics. In the long run my ultimate goal is to be President of the United States so that I can help improve our country and the lives of our citizens.

We are always on the lookout for exemplary students and would love feedback from parents, teachers and other students who would like to nominate someone special. Please email Steven Brunsman, SBISD Director of Communications with your ideas.

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD